Account Authentication Support
During the AWS account creation process, at the contact phone number verification step, sometimes there will be a situation where no SMS or calls from AWS will be received. In that case, follow these steps to complete the account information verification:
Check the information
First, double-check your account information and make sure it’s entered correctly:
- You have entered the phone number information and selected the correct international area code to receive the call.
- If you use a mobile phone, check your phone to make sure you are still within range to receive calls.
- Payment method information has been entered correctly.
Make sure that the phone number you provide in your AWS account is reachable.
Create a support case with AWS Support
After checking that the information is correct but still has not received the verification call, AWS Support will assist you to activate your account manually.
- Go to the AWS Support console, select Create case.
- Select Account and billing support and enter the support information:
- Type: select Account.
- Category: select Activation.
- Subject: briefly write down your situation (eg Did not receive an SMS message or call for verification)
- Description: Provide details of the situation encountered and information about the time you need support to activate the account.
- Attachments: Attach an image describing the authentication step you are facing.
- Under Contact options, select Chat under Contact methods.
- Select Submit.
5. The AWS Support team will contact and assist in activating your account.
You can create a support request with AWS Support even if your account is not activated.